Nuh: The health department has revealed the reasons behind the death of four innocent people in a dhani in Chahalka village in the district. According to the department, the innocent children died due to a disease caused by rats. This is evident from the test report of the sample. Leptospirosis and a disease called rickettsia are believed to have been the cause of death.
The deputy civil surgeon of Nuh, Dr. Vikram, said many samples of different types were sent for testing to detect the disease, with one report revealing that the deaths of innocent children were due to the rat disease. This disease is caused by rat feces. Rats often defecate and urinate on food in the house, leading to infection of the food. If a family member eats it, there is a possibility of such a disease. The investigation clearly showed that the children died of leptospirosis, a disease caused by rats. According to the health department, a cage to catch rats has been set up in the village’s dhani. Samples are also taken from the rats caught here and sent for examination.
We would like to inform you that four children aged between three and six years died due to a mysterious illness between October 21 and 31 last month in Dhani of Chahalka village. There was excitement in the health department after the deaths of children became known. The department hurriedly assembled various teams and started the vaccination campaign. Medicines were sprayed in the Dhani area. Different types of samples were sent for testing. A team from the state health department also visited the village. The Central Health Authority was also informed about the entire situation. The deaths of innocent children came to light about three weeks after the matter came to light.
According to health ministry officials, leptospirosis disease is transmitted through the urine of rats. This disease, like dengue fever, causes fever and pain in all parts of the body. With this disease, symptoms appear after four to five days. If proper treatment is not given, the fever lasts for 10 to 15 days. The infected person has a fever for three to four days. The patient is also at risk of jaundice or heart failure. In such a situation, a CRP test should be carried out immediately on the sick person. There is no rapid decline in platelet count.
Take these precautions to avoid illness
In rural areas, avoid swimming in ponds where animals are present. Be careful if rats suddenly start to multiply in the house. Clean and use plastic bags brought from outside. Avoid swimming in ponds during monsoon. Also pay special attention to the cleanliness of pets.
Also Read – Bhiwani: Mother and daughter consumed poison under suspicious circumstances, mother died