Jhajjar: In Ghatoli village in the area, two people who worked as confectioners at a wedding ceremony died due to electrocution. The deceased are 55-year-old Ramprakash and 25-year-old Shiv Kumar, residents of Sitapura village in Dholpur district of Rajasthan. Both the persons worked with a contractor in Farukhnagar, Gurugram and had reached Ghatauli through him to arrange the booking of the marriage. After receiving the information, the police went to the scene and began an investigation.
Both of the deceased were confectionery artisans.
Harindra and Ravindra Singh, associates of the deceased, said Ramprakash and Shiv Kumar were sweet artisans. As they were busy making sweets, an elderly woman asked them to leave the iron ladder in a certain place in the middle. As both of them climbed the long ladder and brought it to the desired location, their ladder touched the high voltage wires buzzing from above and they were electrocuted. Thereafter, both were rushed to the local civil hospital in critical condition for treatment where doctors declared them brought dead.
The autopsy will take place on Tuesday
Investigating officer in charge of the case Manoj Kumar said that the bodies of the deceased were kept in the hospital mortuary as it was a late evening incident. After the arrival of the family members, action will be taken based on their statements and a post-mortem of both bodies will be carried out. The police will take further action in this regard as per regulations.
They both have three children each
According to Ravindra and Harindra, companions of the deceased, both Shiv Kumar and Ramprakash were fathers of three children each. The responsibility of providing for his family also rested on his shoulders. While Shiv Kumar was considered his brother, he called Ramprakash Baba. Since the family’s financial situation was not good, he traveled from far away places to complete the booking work. He was currently living with a builder in Farrukhnagar.