Qatar: An appeal has been filed by India after a Qatar court awarded death sentence to eight former Indian Navy personnel last month. The Ministry of External Affairs gave this information today on Thursday. Let us tell you that in October, a Qatari court had sentenced eight former Indian Navy personnel, who were in custody in the country for more than a year, to death.
The Foreign Ministry said on Thursday that the decision is confidential. There is a court of first instance that rendered a decision, which was shared with our legal team. The appeal has been filed considering all legal options. We are in touch with Qatar authorities. The Ministry of External Affairs said that we got another round of consular access on November 7 with eight Indians. We are in touch with the family members.
External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said during the weekly briefing that India is in touch with Qatari authorities on the issue. We will continue to provide all legal and consular support. He said that an appeal has been filed in this regard. Apart from this, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has already met the families of all the eight Indians.
this is the matter
Let us tell you that in April this year it was said that Indian agencies are providing all possible assistance to the detained Indians. He was reportedly a senior employee of Dahra Global Technologies. He was working on a sensitive project to build midget submarines. According to media reports, the group that has been accused of espionage has been implicated by Pakistani intelligence agencies.
Also read:-Qatar: Death sentence given to 8 former naval personnel in Qatar, India said- deep shock
Those detained include Captain Navtej Singh Gill, Birendra Kumar Verma, Saurabh Vashishtha, Commander Amit Nagpal, Purnendu Tiwari, Sugunakar Pakala, Sanjeev Gupta and Sailor Ragesh.