Why is it important to get Healthy Sleep:In today’s fast-paced life, everyone ignores their health and focuses only on their work. For them their work is more important than health and sleep. They neither have time to eat nor do they have time to sleep peacefully. People believe that if they do not get enough sleep at night, then what will happen. This thinking of yours is absolutely wrong. Actually, sleep is like a problem, which can make you mentally ill if it is less. Not only this, after a time you will also be physically vulnerable to many diseases. In such a situation, in today’s article, we will tell you that if your sleep is not complete, then what harm will happen to you. Along with this, we will also tell you that if you get more sleep than necessary, then you will become a victim of serious diseases.
Why is it so important for us to have a good sleep?
1. The need for restful sleep is very important for every human being. How much sleep a person should take depends on the age. For example, a small child needs more sleep, while an average of 8-9 hours of sleep is considered very good for an adult. If you sleep well, you remain active throughout the day.
2. By getting enough sleep, hormones like blood sugar level, insulin level, cholesterol, leptin, ghrelin and cortisol level remain stable in the body. These hormones play a very important role in carrying out all the functions of the body.
3. Explain that lack of sleep suppresses the hormone leptin and activates ghrelin i.e. hunger hormone. Because of this, a person starts feeling more hungry. A person who does not get enough sleep likes to eat more sweet and salty food, which increases the chances of weight gain.
4. Explain that due to lack of sleep, when the blood sugar level is not controlled and the level of insulin increases, then the risk of diabetes increases in a person at an early age.
5. Along with this, due to lack of sleep, the level of cortisol in the body increases, due to which inflammation starts in the body. Due to inflammation, frequent infections occur and immunity decreases, due to which the person starts falling ill quickly. This can also be a major reason for children falling ill during exams.
Too much sleep can also be dangerous for health
1. Risk of infection
People who sleep for 9 to 10 hours every day or sometimes for 10 to 12 hours. Many types of serious diseases surround them too. This increases the risk of infection in the body.
Weakening of the immune system
Many people sleep too much, but many people get healthy sleep. There is a difference between the two, the immune system of people who sleep more is weaker than those who take healthy sleep. Let us tell you that sleeping more than 9 hours every day damages the immune system.
3. Increase in obesity
If you are getting more than 8 hours of sleep, then increasing obesity is common. The activities of people who sleep more are sluggish, it affects the digestive system. Due to this, a person gradually becomes fat.
4. Possibility of heart diseases
People who sleep more than necessary, they are at risk of many serious diseases. A study was also done regarding sleeping more, in which it was told that the risk of heart problem is very high in people who sleep more.
5. Chances of Diabetes
We told you that obesity is more on taking more sleep, but along with it many other diseases also start to flourish in the body. Sleeping more causes problems like hypertension, diabetes. This is because the physical activities of a person become very less and the sugar level in the blood starts increasing, which leads to diabetes.