Class 9 student from Bengal to witness Chandrayaan -2 landing with PM Narendra Modi
Chandrayaan -2 landing: Yusra Alam,14 years old teen from Bengal is all set to witness the Chandryaan 2 landing with Prime Minister Narendra Modi tomorrow in Bangalore. Yusra received a call from ISRO after winning the online space quiz conducted by the space agency. Yusra participated in the online space quiz conducted by ISRO and topped the quiz. She received the news on teacher's day.
Yusra Alam will be among the 60 selected students who will witness the Chandryaan 2 landing with PM Modi, in Bangalore.
Excited to see Chandryaan 2 landing with PM Modi
"I am very excited. It is a golden opportunity for me. I'm very proud that I will be able to witness it along with the PM, it was a fun thing, we decided to take part in the exam, suddenly after a few days I got mail that I was selected." Said Yusra Alam
"It is always an extra kick to watch it with PM. Bengal is a huge state so I didn't expect to win. I often read up about space online. I am interested in knowing about life in space. Chandrayan 1 found water molecules on the moon, I am really looking forward to what Chandrayaan 2 finds out." Said Yusra Alam
She says, she is concerned about the state of the earth due to global warming and exploitation, thus space exploration is crucial to search life beyond earth. Yusra is eagerly anticipating what Chandrayaan 2 finds on moon especially after the first mission found water molecules
Yusra Alam, a class 9 student from Bengal has been selected to witness Chandrayaan 2 landing with PM Narendra Modi
60 students to witness Chandrayaan -2 landing with PM Modi
ISRO had conducted a 'Space Quiz' for students from the eighth to the tenth standard. The child with the most number of correct answers in 10 minutes emerged the winner. The Chandrayaan -2 is scheduled to land on September 7, 2019.
- Bengal's Yusra Alam is a class 9 student from Delhi Public School, Belgram in Burdwan district
- Meghalaya's Ribait Phawa studies at Class 10 in Ramakrishna Mission Higher Secondary School in Cherrapunjee's Sohra
- Jharkhand's Mridula Kumari is a student of Class 9 at St. Thomas School in Ranchi
- Odisha's Chinmaya Choudhary studies in Class 8 in DAV Public School, Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL) in Jharsuguda district.
- Rashi Verma, a Class 10 student of Delhi Public School got selected to witness the landing of Chandrayaan-2
- Delhi student Manogya Singh Suyansh has been selected by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to watch the landing of Chandrayaan-2 on the surface of the moon with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.